[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii: DBMI-DBF driver error

Nick Jachowski njachowski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 23:02:44 EST 2011

Thanks for the help Markus, but when I try it on my computer I still get the
same error message:
-----------------------------
GRASS 6.4.0RC5 (latlong_coral):~/grassdata/latlong_coral > v.in.ascii
input=kyy.csv out=kyy skip=1 fs=, cat=3
Scanning input for column types...
Maximum input row length: 86
Maximum number of columns: 9
Minimum number of columns: 8
DBMI-DBF driver error:
Cannot create dbf database: ~/grassdata/latlong_coral/PERMANENT/dbf/

WARNING: Unable to open database <~/grassdata/latlong_coral/PERMANENT/dbf/>
         by driver <dbf>
ERROR: Unable to open database <~/grassdata/latlong_coral/PERMANENT/dbf/>
       by driver <dbf>
I'm a complete newbie to the db part of GRASS; was I supposed to do anything
special during the installation to allow the dbf driver to work?

I've tried this on two separate machines and have the same error message in
both, one is running GRASS 6.4.0RC5 on Ubuntu 9.10 the other is running
GRASS 6.4.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 in a vm.

Sorry to bother the list again!
Nick