[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.4.1RC1 wxPython problems on Solaris

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Mar 11 12:30:41 EST 2011

Ulli Wölfel wrote:

> Btw. in order to get it to compile, I had to edit include/Make/
> Platform.make and set INTLLIB = -lintl
> Maybe this should be fixed in the configure script.

The configure script sets INTLLIB according to the location of the
gettext() function. If gettext() is available in the standard C lib,
INTLLIB will be empty, otherwise -lintl is tried.

What error were you getting before you changed INTLLIB? If GRASS needs
libintl for a function other than gettext(), we need to know which
one.