[GRASS-user] Editing a bash script

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:55:30 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I have been having a go at upgrading a basic bash script that I made to run a
series of commands in GRASS. I would like the script to ask the user for two
input files (one internal to the location i.e. an @PERMENANT and the other and
external .asc) and an prefix to the output files of the process.

So far I have tried this bit of script to enter the GRASS raster, but it fails
to prompt. All other commands (i.e. g.list rast) work fine.

g.list rast
g.findfile type=old elem=cell_misc prompt="Enter raster name "
unixfile=cur_raster
. cur_raster
if [ ! "$file" ]
    then
        exit
fi
RAST=${name}

Can anyone point out where I'm doing wrong and/or point me in the direction of
some more advanced tutorials and information for GRASS scripting than I have
found here http://grass.fbk.eu/gdp/grass5tutor/HTML_en/c1806.html

Many thanks for reading,
Rebecca