[GRASS-user] r.sun - run script

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Mar 24 19:20:15 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:41 PM, TimNorwey <timmy_weyrer at live.at> wrote:
> Hy!
>
> For a thesis I have to calculate monthly and yearly sums of solar energy. To
> facilitate me the process I thought of using a script for that (first time
> for me using a script in GRASS GIS). I found the script that can be seen in
> the link below:
>
> http://www.grassbook.org/scripts2nd/rsun_crop.sh.txt rsun_crop.sh
>
> I tried to execute this script, but without success.

Better execute it with the -x flag to obtain detailed output:

sh -x rsun_crop.sh

> Starting the script and setting the input parameters are not rising problems
> I guess.
>
> The first thing that comes up is:
> "test.sh: line 50: 7593 Segmentation fault" --> Is this a kind of error
> message and if yes, what´s the influence of it or what can I do to prevent
> it?

That means that r.sun crashed for some reasons to be understood.
Any other Mac OS X 10.6 user in this list who could try to run the
script?

> Second I get the ERROR that the maps I´m trying to create (for beam, diff
> and ref irradiance) are "not found in the current" mapset and that they are
> "not found". I first thought that I have to prepare these map before
> starting the script, but also when I prepared the maps, it didn´t work.

They are the output of the r.sun run. Since it crashed, no output...

> See screenshot of my bash:
> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6203754/Screen_shot_2011-03-24_at_06.27.48.png

Consider to post such output as text here for example (easier to read):
http://osgeo.pastebin.com/

Markus