[GRASS-user] Classifying single landcover

Chethan S. chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Mon May 23 00:38:06 EDT 2011

Hi all!

For my work I am interested in identifying a single kind of vegetation from
LANDSAT Images. If I use signature file with just one signature class(I take
many training sites all over the area), the classified image with i.maxlik
appears full pink. On the other hand if I randomly pick training sites for
one more class(water) and have two classes in the signature file this does
not happen. So I am wondering will it not be possible to use a single
class's signature sites for supervised classification.

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.