[GRASS-user] Synchronizing two displays

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 03:09:51 EDT 2011

Pierre wrote:
> I'm using the latest GRASS 7 svn update,

note that using development code for production work is asking
for trouble..

> and I wonder if it there is an option to synchronize two
> displays?
>
> Indeed, I can open as many displays as I want (File>Map
> display> New) but what would be great, to compare layers,
> would be to force each display window to show the same
> spatial extent.

Map Display 1: Zoom options (right-most magnifying glass icon in
the Map Display toolbar) -> Save display geometry to named region.

Map Display 2: Same menu but -> Zoom to saved region.

--

The GRASS book has an example of how to cross-hatch two maps in
a checkerboard fashion.  (not sure if that's in the latest

See also the xganim module where you can flip between multiple
rasters in the same animation window. (with some work you could
also do that in NVIZ + keyframe animation) Not sure if that's
available on MS Windows or not.

And finally, from the old Xmon d.* commands (again UNIX only),
see the d.split.frame module, to split a single d.mon window into
a left & right frame.

good luck,
Hamish

(Otago Uni)