[GRASS-user] Re: How to generate a "bigger PNG file"

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 03:13:18 EDT 2011

Marcello wrote:
> I guess I am so attached to the GRASS book that I was conformed to
> the fact that I could only export the active display monitor by using
> the PNG driver.
>
> D.out.file will help me a lot. Thanks.

The book is good, d.out.file is simply using the PNG driver internally. :-)

fwiw my usual method is to set the size= to match the map's rows and
columns, not the resolution= option. As earlier noted in this thread,
using 'g.region rast=' + r.out.png will create similar full-resolution
output (but just for that one raster map).
n.b. I typically use this when I want to show multiple overlaid rasters
in ps.map, which can only display one raster at a time. d.out.file format=
geotiff then r.in.gdal + r.composite (or ps.map's rgb instruction).

Hamish