[GRASS-user] ideas on how to handle 3D topology

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 16 06:39:48 EST 2011

Dear List --

I have sketched up some ideas on how to reduce the
complexity of 3D topology handling:

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_7_ideas_collection#3D_topology

I have some hope that it should be possible to implement
3D topological correctness in GRASS 7 and v.clean without
having to add a lot of code to the existing 2D methods.

I would be delighted to discuss the whole topic of 3D
topology, as I think it currently stands between GRASS
and more complex 3D vector data management/analysis.
Not sure if this mailing list or the wiki itself would
be the best place for discussion.

Best,

Ben

--