[GRASS-user] LiDAR LAS import

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 16:17:24 EST 2011

Daniel wrote:
> I'm having the same problem. Installed liblas
> using ubuntu packages and when I run configure I
> get that it's unable to locate libLAS library.

ubuntu ships libLAS version 1.2,
  http://packages.ubuntu.com/liblas

but r.in.lidar would like to see version >= 1.6.1
AFAIU. (if it does, that should be listed in the
code, help page, and REQUIREMENTS.html)

try uninstalling the liblas package and compiling
1.6.1+ by hand and installing to /usr/local/lib.

or put a wish into the UbuntuGIS or DebianGIS
mailing lists asking for an updated package.

or revert to using the las2txt + r.in.xyz method.

Hamish