[GRASS-user] Import a catalog of ascii *.arc files and merge to a raster

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 1 12:42:48 EDT 2012

Lars Forseth wrote:
> Thanks Daniel.
>
> But no, I was not able to make your suggestion work; it complains that it
> dos not know the command 'For'...

In Linux shell and msys this must be lowercase, i.e.

for i in *.arc
do r.in.arc $i <output name here>
done

or

for i in *.arc
do r.in.arc in=$i out=`basename $i .arc`
done

followed by something like

raster_list=`g.mlist type=rast pat=<insert search pattern here> sep=comma`
g.region -p rast=$raster_list
r.patch in=$raster_list out=<output name here>

HTH,

Markus M