[GRASS-user] Re: r.stream.extract Syntax Problem [UPDATE]

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Apr 6 05:44:39 EDT 2012

>>  I'm not seeing why this error is generated, and need to understand why so
>> I can model a dozen or so small basins.
>
>   I checked whether the weight and weighted flow accumulation maps were
>defective, but they don't appear to be. In the GUI dieplay window I display
>dem10m.avg (the basic elevation map), dem10m.acc (the flow accumulation
>map), weight (the calculated weighing map), and dem10m.acc.weighted. They
>all overlap.

from the manual page:
https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6/raster/r.stream.extract/description.html

accumulation
    Input map, optional: Accumulation values of the provided accumulation
map are used and not calculated from the input elevation map. If
accumulation is given, elevation must be exactly the same map used to
calculate accumulation. If accumulation was calculated with r.terraflow, the
filled elevation output of r.terraflow must be used. Further on, the current
region's resolution should be identical to the accumulation map. Flow
direction is first calculated from elevation and then adjusted to
accumulation. It is not necessary to provide accumulation as the number of
cells, it can also be the optionally adjusted or weighed total contributing
area in square meters or any other unit.

- is the elevation exactly the same map used to calculate accumulation?
- is the current region's resolution identical to the accumulation map?

Helmut

-----
best regards
Helmut