[GRASS-user] Adding rows to vector map attribute table

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:36:09 EDT 2012

Hi Rich,

>From what I recall, grass does not store the vector geometries
(points) into the database. The points are stored in grass internal
format and a link to the attributes in the table is used to get the
values (cat column). So, I don't think inserting x/y coordinates in
the table via SQL 'INSERT INTO' will work. For this you should try
v.in.ascii or, if your data is in a database, you could use v.in.db.
But I don't think that just updating the attibute database will
magically create new points

Cheers
Daniel