[GRASS-user] 6.4.2 packages for Debian/squeeze (was: Trouble installing add-ons)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 00:09:46 EDT 2012

Hamish wrote:
> you'll need a newer version of the grass package.
> this has been fixed in the latest version.
>
> since 6.4.2 is not at backports.org yet, I will build it
> for squeeze and post a link to the .debs.

have a try with these:  (amd64/squeeze only)
  http://download.osgeo.org/grass/grass64/binary/linux/debian/squeeze/

That is not a debian repository, do not add it to your sources.list file.
It is just a few .debs I threw up in case they are useful to others. They
are not official and not guaranteed to work (let me know if they don't and
I'll try and fix them, of course). I have used the official 6.4.2 GRASS
source code and DebianGIS git build rules to create them though, so they
should not differ from official sources.

see the README there for more info.

(put on download.o.o instead of grass.o.o since they are not intended
to be official packages from the grass project, just a community offering)

feedback on the new packages are very welcome as we are preparing to
upload almost identical packages to debian/main soon.

enjoy,
Hamish