[GRASS-user] Upon improving the GRASS-wiki

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sun Dec 30 03:16:32 PST 2012

On Sunday 30 of December 2012 10:43:56 Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/12/30 Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>:
> >> Anyway I am planning to switch to 1.20
> >> (running from git) in January. With LTS you are referring probably to
> >> Ubuntu world. OSGeo servers run on Debian :-)
> >>
> >> [1] http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:Version
> >
> > @Martin: are there any objections if I retouch some of the Templates?

> of course not, do you have a plan?

Sure :-)

Specifically, my above question concerns some of the "Move to", "To be moved",
etc. boxes. I want to change their appearance, rephrase etc.

Generally speaking though:

1. The Special Pages is really a guide in order to clean-up the Wiki.
Initially, not much of a groundbreaking ideas required here.

2. I'd like to engage in the aesthetics of the GRASS-Wiki.  I think the GRASS-
Wiki, being a holder of high-quality material, deserves to look good.

In any case, I don't intent to do major changes without the community's
consent.  I will prepare in time some practical examples. If they fit the
picture, I'd like them to see alive.

BTW, where are the official GRASS-color combinations?

Thanks, Nikos