[GRASS-user] v.water.outlet

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jan 5 06:35:35 EST 2012

On 05/01/12 12:16, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 04/01/2012 20:55, Micha Silver ha scritto:
>
>> I guess you mean r.water.outlet?
>
> Yes, sorry.
>
>> 1- The input must be the drainage *direction* map from r.watershed.
>
> ok
>
>> 2- And it's crucial that the easting and northing parameters for the
>> outlet point lay
>> exactly on a stream. Zoom in very close to the streams raster at the
>> outlet point and
>> check for the exact coordinates.
>
> Checked, it seems ok.
> The output maps is all 0s, with only one cell (close to the point I
> chose, but not on it) with value 1.

AFAIU r.water.outlet is extremely sensitive to local variations of
terrain. Check the drainage direction map close to your point to see
whether the resulting watershed is coherent with these directions.

I don't know if r.fill.dir on the DEM before calulating the drainage
directions might help ?

Moritz