[GRASS-user] winGRASS i.ortho.photo

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 07:37:15 EST 2012

João wrote:
> I'm working with Windows7 and I need to use the i.ortho.photo module in
> winGRASS. Is there any way that winGRASS natively support the required
> xterm for the i.ortho.photo module without been necessary to install
> after and configure Cygwin (which is quite complicated!)?

the cygwin installer is rather complicated to use, but it works, and is
considerably less frustrating than attempting your own custom alternative.
keep trying...

another way is to download VirtualBox and set up an Ubuntu Virtual Machine
with GRASS already set up on it.
see "Run in a Virtual Machine" at  http://live.osgeo.org

good luck,
Hamish