[GRASS-user] m.viz.image Command Line

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 16 21:11:47 EST 2012

Martin,

   I see that you're the lead author of m.nviz.image so you're probably the
best qualified to teach me the appropriate command line syntax to achieve
what I need for a project. I've read the man page and tried filling in the
data entry widgets in the wxGUI but keep running into errors I don't know
how to resolve.

   What I need is a 3D-perspective view of a portion of a drainage basin. It
would be nice to have the z-values increased 2 times to make the topography
easier to see.

   There are 2 raster maps: aber5m is the DEM/elevation map, and mompano_rast
is a raster version of the lakes vector map (because an area map will not
display in the wxGUI in 3D mode). There are also 2 vector maps to drape over
the rasters: streets (line color black, line width 1) and streams (line
color blue, line width 2) and a points map (proj_pts; color/fill color red,
icon diamond, size 8 in regular 3D view; no idea of the appropriate size in
m.nviz.image).

   There are many options for the command line and I have no idea which to
use or for which the above rasters, vectors, and points are the appropriate
maps.

   I'd greatly appreciate guidance on producing an output map given these 5
input maps.

Regards,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |   Integrity - Credibility - Innovation
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |    Helping Ensure Our Clients' Futures