[GRASS-user] Measuring Distance Along a Line

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 18 15:32:31 EST 2012

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012, Alex Mandel wrote:

> I'm not sure I get what you're trying to do, but distance along a line
> would be in the v.net module.

Alex,

   When I read the v.net man page it suggested that it provided distances
from node-to-node on a network map. The profile map I created is separate
from the points map, and I'm looking for the distance to the point along the
line.

   However, it occurred to me that I can get this from the r.profile output
because the points are just above the stream channel so they'll be slightly
higher in elevation than the lowest point on the profile. That's good enough
for presentation purposes.

Thanks,

Rich