[GRASS-user] GRASS compilation in static mode

Gregory Giuliani gregory.giuliani at unepgrid.ch
Wed Jan 25 03:00:26 EST 2012

Dear all,

Within my research activities I have developed a tool base on the Web Processing Service to execute GRASS on a distributed environment: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0098300411003402
For that, I was using a GRASS 32-bit snapshot (http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/linux/snapshot/)
This was running fine but now I'm involved in a project where we are looking to execute GRASS on the following platforms:
- Linux 32 bits
- Linux 64 bits
- Windows

Therefore I'm looking to compile GRASS in static mode and I was wondering if there is a kind of how-to/tutorial for compiling GRASS for these various platforms.

Many thanks in advance for your appreciated help

Greg

NEWS: Did you see "The Story of Data on the Environment" ?
http://www.youtube.com/envirogrids
---
Dr. Gregory Giuliani
Scientific collaborator - Spatial Data Infrastructure
University of Geneva/Institute for Environmental Sciences
Climatic Change and Climate Impacts/enviroSPACE
7 route de Drize, CH - 1227 CAROUGE
Phone: (+41 22) 379 07 09 Fax: (+41 22) 379 07 44
Web: http://www.unige.ch/envirospace
Email: gregory.giuliani at unige.ch
UNEP/DEWA/GRID-Geneva
International Environment House
11, chemin des Anémones, CH - 1219 CHATELAINE
Phone: (+41 22) 917 84 17 Fax: (+41 22) 917 80 29
Web: http://www.grid.unep.ch
Email: gregory.giuliani at unepgrid.ch