[GRASS-user] Re: Hidrological network

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Jan 30 16:32:30 EST 2012

>André wrote:
>> I Have a vector layer with all the rivers, and
>> subsidiaries up to the smallest water lines.
>> However I need to simplify this layer in order that
>> it only shows the main rivers and first, second and
>> third order tributary water lines.
>>
>> Any hints on how to achieve this?
>
>try the v.strahler addon module:
>
>http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#v.strahler

or try the very nice r.stream.*-suite

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#r.stream.angle and following

r.stream.angle
r.stream.basins
r.stream.del
r.stream.distance
r.stream.extract
r.stream.order
r.stream.pos
r.stream.stats

https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6/raster/r.stream.order/description.html

strahler
    Name of Strahler's stream order output map: see notes for detail.
shreve
    Name of Shreve's stream magnitude output map: see notes for detail.
horton
    Name of Horton's stream order output map (require accum file): see notes
for detail.
hack
    Name of Hack's main streams output map : see notes for detail.
top
    Name of topological dimensions streams output map: see notes for detail.

HTH
Helmut

-----
best regards