[GRASS-user] automate v.extrude from a table ?

gene martin.laloux at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 04:10:56 PDT 2012

Hello

Is there a way to automate a script with v.extrude?
Let me explain, I create boreholes in 3D and I have to make sections
according to the layers to generate surfaces

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4978722/sondseulok.png  ->
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4978722/sondidwok.png

from a table
Borehole z layer A layer B, layer C

My solution, for the moment, is
1) Split the original vector/table in n individuals boreholes vectors/tables
2) borehole by borehole, by sections
v.extrude input="borehole1" output="layerA1" zshift=value_layer_A (*by
hand)* height= value_layer_B (*from field of the table*)
v.extrude input="borehole1" output="layerB1" zshift=value_layer_B (*by
hand)* height= value_layer_C (*from field of the table*)

v.extrude input="borehole2" output="layerA2" zshift=value_layer_A (*by
hand)* height= value_layer_B (*from field of the table*)
v.extrude input="borehole1" output="layerB2" zshift=value_layer_B (*by
hand)* height= value_layer_C (*from field of the table*)
and so

As you can see, the problems are:

1) n vectors/tables instead of one vector/table
2) "by hand", it would be more interesting to get the value directly from
the table

my idea of ​​algorithm is

for boreholes in the table:
        extract values values A,B...,n from borehole i
        the v.extrude procedures

I'm working on a script in Python but without success for the moment...

If anyone has an idea or a solution

Thanks in advance