[GRASS-user] Looking for technique to equalize shading of adjacent Aster dem tiles

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Jun 4 01:36:44 PDT 2012

>One of my aims is to take a nice grayscale image to use in deforming mesh
topology.  The circuit straddles >two tiles and the shading is markedly
different.

>How can I either fix one or re-color both from scratch based on the
elevation data?

maybe build a virtual gdal data set [1] [2] of the Aster dem tiles, link [3]
or import [4] them and use these tiles as one dem dataset for shading?

[1] http://www.gdal.org/gdalbuildvrt.html
[2] http://www.gdal.org/gdal_vrttut.html
[3] http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.external.html
[4] http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.in.gdal.html