[GRASS-user] splitting polylines into lines

Thierry grass at muscardinus.be
Mon Jun 4 01:39:41 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I have created contourlines with r.contour. All lines with the same
elevation are merged in the same polyline. How can I split those
polylines? My goal is to get 'island' polygons for the contours which
lines are closed. And then get some statistics of another raster for
each individual island. I have managed to convert the output from
r.contour to a polygon object, but I get one large object with
multiple polygons instead of multiple objects with one polygon each.

Best regards,

Thierry