[GRASS-user] r.basin: Completes on Some Basins, Fails on Others

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 6 14:54:45 PDT 2012

   Running r.basin using r.to.vect basin boundaries and r.to.vect
r.stream.extract weighted streams (but same issue using unweighted streams).
So far, of 7 sub-basins on which I've run the module only 4 complete
successfully. The other three go through the entire process then fail with
the error message that the outlet needs to be on a stream channel created by
r.stream.extract.

   I use the same protocol on each sub-basin: zoom in very close to where the
sub-basin boundary and stream channel cross, then note the x, y coordinates
from the status line on the display window frame.

   What might account for this same process, using the same r.stream.extract
map, to work on some sub-basins and fail on others?

Rich