[GRASS-user] patch boundaries

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 20:58:08 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm having a hard time trying to get one boundary polygon file from
four smaller shapes. I'm using wingrass7, daily build from today.

This is how it goes. I have four boundaries which I imported and
patched (v.patch).
I then tried to dissolve the four separate boundaries into one but
first, since the tiles do not match perfectly (they don't overlap), I
tried v.clean with tools break polygons, snap boundaries and remove
duplicate. Then, when I try to v.dissolve, nothing happens, I still
end up with 4 polygons. Then I saw that I only had one item in the
attribute table however, I have four polygons in the vector. I tried
using v.to.db to add the missing polygons to the attribute table but I
did not have any luck. I believe I'm missing something obvious which I
just can't see. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel

PS - I attached the files because they are very small, just in case
someone wants to take a look. They are in UTM 19S WGS84