[GRASS-user] Import grd/gri-Raster from R-package 'dismo'

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 12 04:25:41 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Johannes Radinger <jradinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I doing species distribution modeling in R using the package
> 'dismo'[1]. The predict() function produces a output raster file
> with the prediction of the species distribution. The file which is created
> is a grd file + a gri file.
> What is the Format i need to set when I want to import this file into GRASS GIS
> using r.in.gdal?

With r.in.gdal you can not set the format to be imported, this is
automatically determined by the gdal library. If gdal does not
recognize the format (e.g. gdalinfo), r.in.gdal will not be able to
import it.

The default output raster format of the predict() function is the one
used by writeRaster() which in turn uses the default of writeFormat().
The predict() function accepts additional arguments for file writing
as for writeRaster(), so you could try predict(format="GTiff") to
write a GeoTiff raster.

HTH,

Markus M