[GRASS-user] question about the representation of volumes in nviz (raster 3D)

Martin Laloux martin.laloux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 02:37:04 PDT 2012

Hello,
I try to represent the volume (raster3D) between these two surfaces in nviz

[image: Images intégrées 1]

There is no problem to represent it in  Paraview (exporting the raster3D
with r3.out.vtk )

[image: Images intégrées 4][image: Images intégrées 2]

The raster 3D
r.to.rast3elev --overwrite -l input=one,two elevation=sup,base
output=volpend
That gives for the raster 3D
Range of data:   min =          1 max =          2
That gives me the threshold values in Paraview (with r3.out.vtk -s null=0.0
input=volpend output=volpend.vtk bottom=base top=sup)

But nothing in nviz when I try 1 and/or 2 (levels of isosurfaces) or the
true elevations

So, Is it possible to represent this volume in nviz (like in Paraview)  and
if so how ?
I can reproduce the examples of the tutorials but I realize that I do not
understand the principles...

Thank you in advance

Martin Laloux