[GRASS-user] v.in.db question

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Jun 15 07:52:55 PDT 2012

On 15/06/12 15:56, Micha Silver wrote:
> What might be even more attractive would be an option to link a GRASS
> vector to a DB view. This would allow updating of the data tables in the
> DB, and have the new values accessible from within GRASS. I tried once
> without success. I don't think that v.db.connect ... layer=2 will work
> with a database view. Maybe someone on the list with more experience can
> verify?

v.db.connect works very well with views. And I haven't heard anything
about it being a problem for layers other than 2. Just remember that if
you want to connect another table to a layer, the features in the map
have to have category values in that layer, otherwise, there will be no
connection between features and attributes in the table.

Moritz