[GRASS-user] is there an idea about the GRASS 7 release date (year)?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:44:48 PDT 2012

> the classic non-answer/snarky reply to this is
> "when it's ready, sooner if you help."  Certainly
> it feels like more than 6 months away since changes
> are still happening fast & as there is still a lot
> to do. Beyond that I've no idea.

You're right Hamish, but being more a power user then a developer I don't
know how much I could help.
Anyway, thanks for giving an order of magnitude.
So 2013 seems feasible... give Maya were wrong :)

> Too far away and some people lose interest/hope,
> too soon and we release unfinished ideas and are
> stuck with them for the rest of the stable cycle.

That's true, but I support the idea of keeping GRASS as robust as it can.
It's its real strength!

giovanni