[GRASS-user] illegal latitude for north after changing region

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon May 7 09:29:15 EDT 2012

Hi,

I seem to have broken one of my locations. I had been using a number
of locations with the same projection, and I had set a region in one
of them and copied it over to the others via

  cp ~/grassdata/location1/PERMANENT/windows/myregion
~/grassdata/location2/PERMANENT/windows/

This worked fine until I tried the same thing with a new region with a
different projection (which in retrospect was a dumb thing to do, I
know!). Now when I try to reset the region, for example with

  g.region vect=myvect

I get the error:

  ERROR: Invalid region: Illegal latitude for North

Displaying any of the vectors produces nonsense - a bunch of crossed
lines that look nothing like the actual shape files.

Have I irrecoverably broken my location? If not, how do I repair this?
I tried removing previous-zoom and the offending region from the
windows/ directory, with no success.

Thanks,

Tyler