[GRASS-user] Raster equivalent to v.transform

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 04:13:01 EDT 2012

Nick wrote:
> Thank you for your suggestion; this is possible, but now I
> wonder if there's a more general solution. With those
> transformation parameters, could I define the placement of
> my xy location, and then use r.proj and similar tools to do
> the transformations of both raster and vectors between the
> two locations? It would make my life a whole lot easier.

You might try the venerable i.vpoints in an xmon, then i.rectify.
The control POINTS file that that prepares (for the imagery group)
is essentially the same as what g.transform does for the wxGUI
georectification tool. The nice thing about i.vpoints is that
you can back-project an overlay of a vector map from the target
(to) location from within the source (from) location.

it can be a bit crunchy, but it works well.

(only available on MS Windows via cygwin)

Hamish