Re: [GRASS-user] XYZ Data (UTM32N) workflow to DEM and reprojection to Gauß Krüger 3

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon May 14 05:18:38 EDT 2012

On 14/05/12 10:42, Danny Luque Ramirez wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to calculate a DEM out of my XYZ data. After the calculation I
> need to transform the projection to EPSG: 31467. Does GRASS offer a good
> workflow for this?

Yes.

If you are unfamiliar with GRASS, you might want to start here:

http://grass.osgeo.org/intro/firsttime.php
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/helptext.html
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Help#First_Day_Documentation (although
I can't connect to the wiki currently)

More detailed info for your question here:

http://grass.fbk.eu/grass64/manuals/html64_user/rasterintro.html
http://grass.fbk.eu/grass64/manuals/html64_user/projectionintro.html

Two modules you might be specifically interested in:

import (depending on the exact format of your data): r.in.gdal,
r.in.xyz, r.in.bin
reprojection: r.proj

In brief, you have to:

- create two locations, one with the original projection of your data
and one in the 31467 projection

- import your data into the first location

- enter into the second location and reproject using r.proj

Moritz