[GRASS-user] High-resolution agricultural land cover from satellite imagery

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed May 16 08:19:15 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM, YAMADA,Yasuharu <yamaday at affrc.go.jp> wrote:
> And I cannot find any tool or module on neural network analysis
> in the GRASS software.

You may use neural networks in R (using the GRASS-R interface).
For a general overview of the integration, see
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/R_statistics

> I will introduce some research paper for solving mixel problem as follows.
> 3. David A. Landgrebe (2003) "Signal Theory Methods in Multispectral Remote Sensing",
>    Wiley Series in Remote Sensing book ISBN 0-471-42028-X
>   There is some explanations for the hyper spectral remote sensing data analysis,
>   such as the Spectral Angle Mapper(SAM). And this book is the manual of "MultiSpec",
>   a kind of open source software.
>   https://engineering.purdue.edu/~biehl/MultiSpec/

As my master thesis, I wrote these two modules:

i.spec.sam: Spectral Angle mapping
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Addons#i.spec.sam

i.spec.unmix: Spectral unmixing
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Addons#i.spec.unmix

The latter needs proper update to GRASS 6 but that should not be too hard.

Markus