[GRASS-user] Problem with i.gensig - signature file without category label

e-paul e-paul at tiscali.it
Fri May 18 02:21:22 EDT 2012

Dear list,
I know this topic has already been discussed at times, but I couldn't
find any useful answers on the net.

I'm trying to do some supervised classification with. i.gensig and i.maxlik.

Unfortunately, i,gensig creates signature files without the "category 1"
... "category n" labels, so i.maxlik creates a classified raster file
with wrong class numbers assigned to pixels.

Therefore, if categories 1, 3, 5 and 11 are represented in the original
raster (the one that must be classified), they will be represented as 1,
2, 3, 4 in the classified raster.

How do I get the category labels in the signature files?
Thanks.

Paolo