[GRASS-user] opening dbf tables

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sat May 19 03:29:15 EDT 2012

Why would you not want to open the dbh file in Libreoffice calc? It
works fine for me. Unless you are working with datasets of over 1
miljoen records, the maximum rows in Calc.

I have not clue about the error message, but what if you try to open it
directly from the Open file menu in LibreOffice (or any other software
you prefer)?

An alternative option might be opening the shapefile in QGIS. In QGIS it
is easy to make changes in your attribute table (the dbf file). And if
you need to change columns (delete, move, rename), you can use the Table
manager plugin for QGIS. As a bonus, you can directly import the file
afterwards in your GRASS database from within QGIS using the GRASS
toolbox in QGIS.

Cheers,

Paulo