[GRASS-user] Identifying Why Vector Map Lables Do Not Display [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 29 05:58:37 PDT 2012

On Tue, 29 May 2012, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> You have to display the centroids to be able to see labels, i.e.

Moritz,

   You lead me to the solution. There is one default choice that must be
maintained (the centroid checkbox on the Selections tab) and one non-default
that needs to be selected: the the 'Display category number of features' on
the Required tab. I had consistently left the centroids selected for
display, but on the Required tab had checked the 'Display selected attribute
from attrcol' box rather than the 'Display category number of features' box.

   Because the category numbers column appears on the Labels tab as a choice
for display I interpreted it as an attribute column and missed the
second-from-the-top choice on the Required tab.

Thank you very much,

Rich