[GRASS-user] installing Grass 7 on ubuntu 11.04

Manish Gautam manish.gautam29 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 02:56:42 PDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks again. This time I am getting the following problems :

1. So, when I run ./configure after installing Proj 4, GEOS and GDAL,
this error comes

checking for tcl.h... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate Tcl includes.

2.and using this

--with-tcltk-includes="/usr/include/tcl8.5/"

It shows the following message:

"checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes... /usr/include/tcl8.5/
configure: error: *** Tcl/Tk includes directory /usr/include/tcl8.5/
does not exist. "

3. do I need to run this "svn checkout
https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk" ?

it gives this message : " svn: OPTIONS of
'https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk': could not connect to server
(https://svn.osgeo.org) "
[is it because of the proxy in the internet connection I am using ? I
tired it several times but it never got connected.]

4. so I skipped the above step and instead downloaded the grass 7
source files and extracted it in the source directory. then i ran
./configure \ and got the following error

" checking whether to use FFMPEG... yes
checking for location of FFMPEG includes... /usr/include/libavcodec
/usr/include/libavformat /usr/include/libswscale
configure: error: *** FFMPEG includes directory
/usr/include/libavcodec does not exist. "

-

Thanks,

Regards.