[GRASS-user] How to split raster map by specified rows

Andranik Hayrapetyan andranik.h89 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 02:13:16 PST 2012

Hi.

I am trying to split raster map into chunks to do calculations (with
r.mapcalc) on each chunk separately.
I browsed the net and found only the script called r.split.line, which
needs vector file to split raster, but this is not that I want.

Is there a way to split raster by rows? For example if I have a GeoTiff
file with 8000 rows I want to split it into 8 files 1000 row per each.

Or may by r.mapcalc can do the calculation I want only on specified number
of rows?

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance!