[GRASS-user] [Solved] mysql error on compiling grass70 source code

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Mon Nov 12 11:40:19 PST 2012

Dear Dehui,

somehow I missed this post. Thanks, Nikos

王德辉:

> Hi all, the instructions on web
> http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_Ubuntu should be revised,
> and the suggestions are below.

Anyone has access to the wiki.  If you have cross-checked any instructions and
think that something should be updated, please edit the respective pages.  We
can always revert any changes or edit again if there is something that will
not work for anyone.

> sudo apt-get install \
> build-essential \
> make flex bison gcc libgcc1 g++ cmake ccache \
> python python-dev python-qt4 python-qt4-dev \
> python-opengl \
> python-wxversion python-wxtools python-wxgtk2.8 \
> python-dateutil libgsl0-dev python-numpy \
> wx2.8-headers wx-common libwxgtk2.8-dev libwxgtk2.8-dbg \
> libwxbase2.8-dev  libwxbase2.8-dbg \
> libncurses5-dev \
> zlib1g-dev gettext \
> libtiff4-dev \
> tcl8.5-dev tk8.5-dev \
> libcairo2 libcairo2-dev \
> sqlite3 libsqlite3-dev \
> libpq-dev \
> libreadline6 libreadline6-dev libfreetype6-dev \
> txt2tags \
> libfftw3-3 libfftw3-dev \
> libqt4-core libqt4-dbg libqt4-dev libqt4-gui libqt4-sql libqt4-qt3support \
> lsb-qt4 qt4-designer qt4-dev-tools qt4-doc qt4-qtconfig \
> libapt-pkg-perl resolvconf \
> libjasper-dev \
> ruby \
> subversion \
> ffmpeg ffmpeg2theora \
> libffmpegthumbnailer-dev \
> libavcodec-dev \
> libxmu-dev \
> libavformat-dev libswscale-dev \
> checkinstall \
> libglu1-mesa-dev libxmu-dev
> # deleting  libpngwriter-dev  and adding below

> sudo apt-get intsall mysql-server mysql-client libmysqlclient-dev
> libiodbc2 libiodbc2-dev  libblas3 libblas-dev  lilblapack3 liblapacke
> liblapack-dev

See above comment -- please add/update instructions carefully.  Also, it is up
to each user's personal needs if mysql should be installed.  Any instructions
like the ones in the page in question, just can't and should not be universal.
The idea, as far my understanding can reach, is to have something to step on
and learn, move independently later to satisfy own needs.

> #moreover, revised all the "./configure && make && sudo make install" to
> "./configure && sudo make && sudo make install"

I don't think "sudo" is required, or even correct, for the compilation.  It
should only be given for the installation.  If a simple "make" does not
compile, perhaps there are other permission problems (?).

> hope be help
> Dehui Wang

Yes, I think all discussions help in some way :-)
Cheers, Nikos