[GRASS-user] Removing spurious features on vector map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 9 14:24:24 PDT 2012

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, Alexander Muriy wrote:

> As I see, these features are "zero" areas with centroids. You can add
> polygons areas to attribute table with <v.to.db> and then remove polygons
> with the areas smaller than the chosen value (v.edit) or extract large
> polygons (v.extract).

Alexander,

   When I zoom in closely I see these spurious features are points, and
usually overlain by two line segments. I'm tediously moving one line out of
the way, deleting the second line and the point, then moving the first line
back again. I don't know that I could specify only certain points to be
removed programmatically.

Thanks,

Rich