[GRASS-user] How to install and use r.damflood ?

laurent celati lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com
Mon Oct 29 04:34:30 PDT 2012

Good morning Mr. Marzocchi,

Thank you very much for your interesting reply. Indeed, i would like so much
test your extension r.damflood. But i understand very well that you need
more time to correct last errors.

1/Pending improvements, would it be possible to use an older version of the
r.damflood exrtension compatible with an older version of Grass (Grass 6.4.2
for instance)?

2 / I spent my weekend looking for software that can mapping the simulation
of flood by dam failure. But the majority of them seem to be created by
american universities and their utilisation seems to require Arcgis spatial
analyst. Do you would know apllications reliable similar to yours not
requiring not free GIS owner (like arcgis)?

I also wanted to congratulate you and thank you for your research, really
usefull. I'm working actually on an artificial Dam in Nigeria.

Thank you to throw light for me.

With kind regards.