[GRASS-user] G_malloc error

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 29 06:23:01 PDT 2012

Paul:

If you want GRASS to use more than 3.5GB of RAM,
then you need to run a 64 bit operating system.
Otherwise, no single application will get to see
more than 4GB. Also check your motherboard's manual
to see how much RAM it supports. Often, there are
limits of 16, 32 or 64GB total.

If you plan to use 64 bit Windows, then be aware
that Microsoft has put arbitrary limitations re.
usable RAM into each one of there many different
release versions. E.g. a Windows Home license might
not be able to use more than 8GB.

Ben