[GRASS-user] using r.walk

ambrish dhaka ambijat at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 20:52:46 PDT 2012

Hi! All,
I am trying to use r.walk for deriving least cost path. The input is DEM filled raster data generated from terraflow, and friction map is valued at 1. However, I get only 2 at best 5 pixel routing. While using r.cost with slope map as input gives me the complete route between two points. Just cannot locate where I am wrong in r.walk. Any, missing step I dont know. Kindly, give some detailed instructions for successfully using r.walk. Can I use flow accumulation, flow direction map or aspect map for generating LCP from r.walk, if yes then please tell me how to deploy them.
Thanks!
Ambrish Dhaka