[GRASS-user] User stopped command handler

Allar Haav allar.haav at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 00:45:35 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with a Python script in progress (nothing really
to show yet) for (Win-)GRASS 7. The thing is that when I call an
external program via subprocess and then hit the "Stop" button in GRASS
GUI, the subprocess keeps going. Alright, I know that in Windows I
cannot kill subprocess directly, but have to use win32api or something
similar. But in case of user abort it doesn't even reach that far to use
anything specified with atexit.register(). The exit handler works fine
when operation is not aborted however. What would be the proper way to
implement the exit handler in this case?

Cheers,
Allar