[GRASS-user] another database question grass 6.4.3

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 7 23:14:05 PDT 2013

Shaun wrote:
> I have access to a machine running
> grass 6.4.3.  I developed code using 6.4.2 which
> includes using the function v.out.org to export a vector
> file to a postgres database.  However, in the new
> version, it seems that the PostgreSQL driver isn't
> included.  Here's the relevant part of the output:
>
> ERROR: value <PostgreSQL> out of range for parameter <format>
> Do I need to install something additional or was this left
> out intentionally?

The inclusion or exclusion of support for different DBs is
determined at build time. The good news is that the code you
wrote for 6.4.2 should work for all future 6.4.x without
needing any changes. The bad news is that whoever built 6.4.3
on that system will have to rebuild/replace it with a version
of 6.4.3(rc/svn) that was built with support for the Postgres
optional extra.

Hamish