[GRASS-user] Rendering labels in GRASS Cartographic Composer from vector layer

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 13:26:57 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM, RichardC <richtcooper at hotmail.com> wrote:
> It appears I can set the label size (map units) from the command line and the
> label re-sizing works as expected (provided I omit the fontsize option).
> However, I can't seem to omit the fontsize option if running from the module
> window.

yes, the problem is that after you change the fontsize option in the
dialog, now there is no way to disable it, you have to close it and
open it again. Related ticket 1048 [1].

As for the cartographic composer, labels are not yet supported. I will
try to add it soon. Meanwhile, you can export the instructions file,
add labels instruction there and run ps.map with this file. Do not
forget to change region appropriately (region settings from the
instruction file header).

Anna

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1048