[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] nad grids storage

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Sun Aug 18 22:42:05 PDT 2013

Hello Markus,
thank you for the information,

all in all, IIUC this is basically a question of integrity of register
files. It sounds better that grass relies on PROJ.4 updates to handle
the correct files.

In my case PROJ.4 also provides the grid in /usr/share/proj, but it
seems not to be enough. When a projection is supposed to use the grid
(i.e. between two distinct geodetic systems), it is simply ignored if
absent from /usr/local/grass-XX.svn/etc/proj/nad/

This happens on correctly defined projection systems, for example I have
a location named L2e (Lambert II étendu), whith this PROJ_INFO file :

        name: Lambert Conformal Conic
        proj: lcc
        ellps: clark80IGN
        lat_1: 46.8
        lat_0: 46.8
        lon_0: 0
        k_0: 0.99987742
        x_0: 600000
        y_0: 2200000
        towgs84: -168,-60,320,0,0,0,0
        pm: paris
        no_defs: defined
        nadgrids:ntf_r93.gsb,null

On the other hand, I use a custom script to retrieve raster data from
the IGN wmts server. It is based on cs2cs and gdal_translate commands :
I noticed the issue is the same.

Bye,
Vincent