[GRASS-user] wild cards don't work with g.mlist

Jorge Cornejo xchido at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:46:58 PST 2013

*I am trying to list (g.mlist) vector maps starting with the letter “s”
 and when I use the wild card * I don’t get any results.  *

Using the command *g.mlist vect* gives me a list of all the vector maps in
my MAPSET’s
(Wed Feb 06 09:38:28 2013)

*g.mlist vect
     *
P079214
P079215
P079218
P079219
boundary_county
boundary_municp
bridges
busroute1
busroute11
busroute6
busroute_a
busroutesall
busstopsall
census_wake2000
censusblk_swwake
comm_colleges
elev_lid792_bepts
elev_lid792_cont1m
elev_lid792_randpts
elev_lidrural_mrpts
elev_lidrural_mrptsft
elev_ned10m_cont10m
firestations
geodetic_pts
geodetic_swwake_pts
geology
geonames_NC
geonames_wake
hospitals
lakes
nc_state
overpasses
poi_names_wake
precip_30ynormals
precip_30ynormals_3d
railroads
roadsmajor
schools_wake
soils_general
soils_wake
streams
streets_wake
swwake_10m
urbanarea
usgsgages
zipcodes_wake
ElMapUno
(Wed Feb 06 09:38:29 2013) Command finished (0 sec)

* but when I try to use a wild card like g.mlist vect pattern=”s*” I should
get a list of vector maps starting with that letter to be listed but this
is all I get:*

(Wed Feb 06 09:38:59 2013)

*g.mlist vect pattern="s*"
      *
(Wed Feb 06 09:38:59 2013) Command finished (0 sec)

  Get this email app!
<http://www.wisestamp.com/apps/quotes?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_term=quotes&utm_campaign=apps>