[GRASS-user] Apply "v.transform" in polygons with overlays

Jose M Michia Roberts jose.maria.michia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 05:36:35 PST 2013

2013/2/26 Benjamin Ducke <benducke en fastmail.fm>:
> A "fix" might be to introduce a new GRASS env
> variable that can be set to suppress the cleaning
> functions. While it would probably be trivial to
> implement this, it would also break with GRASS'
> basic design and the assumptions that its vector
> processing modules make (namely that the input
> data is topologically correct).

Yes, I know. But I think that there are some cases, like this, where
the overlaps between polygons are part of the information and need to
be preserved.

And I understand that a situation like this would limit the
application of other modules.

Maybe I'm totally wrong: I still have so much to study about GRASS!
(english too... right?) :D

Thanks,
Jose