[GRASS-user] to move or not move ? grass64 <- ? -> 7.0

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Jan 11 23:49:38 PST 2013

Milton Cezar Ribeiro:

> I have used grass gis 6.4 and I am happy with this version.
> But I was wondering which are the advantages or disadvantages to move
> or not grass 7.0

> Any thoughts are very welcome.

I use both, grass64 and grass70 -- still, for production I am attached to
grass64.  I use(d) grass70 for some tasks which, indeed run faster (one recent
example was v.to.rast -- while it did not complete on grass64, it did so in
grass70).

Seeing so many positive feebacks concerning grass70, I'll switch probably soon
to it.  I have, however, one concern:

is it possible to "revert" a grass70 vector back to a grass64 vector, just in
case this is required, for whatsoever may be the reason?

Thank you, Nikos